Photographer, author, pilot and showman Brian Shul shares stories and photos from his experience as a "sled driver"-- an SR-71 Blackbird pilot.
Based on his book, Sled Driver, Shul will showcase dazzling photography and insightful prose to illustrate what it is like to fly the world's fastest jet, the SR-71 Blackbird. Includes riveting accounts of Mach 3 runs over hostile territory and stargazing at 80,000 feet.
This marks the 30th year Shul has appeared at the Museum during Blue Angels week.
Shul has also traveled the air show circuit with the Blue Angels for his book Blue Angels: A Portrait of Gold.
Dates & Times:
Lecture (located in the William M. Allen Theater)
- Saturday, August 6 | 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
- Sunday, August 7 | 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Meet 'N Greet with Brian Shul (located in the T.A. Wilson Great Gallery)
- FREE First Thursday, August 4 | Noon to 9:00 PM
- Friday, August 5 | 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Saturday, August 6 and Sunday, August 7 (Jet Blast Bash) | 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Jet Blast Bash
Brian Shul - "Sled Driver" is part of our Jet Blast Bash celebration on Saturday, August 6 and Sunday, August 7. Event is FREE with Museum admission. For event information please click below.