Women Fly is The Museum of Flight's annual event for youth interested in aviation, aerospace, and STEM futures. Students are invited to participate in a day of motivational and career-oriented activities that allows them to meet and learn from professional women working in a variety of STEM careers.
Women Fly welcomes Col. Rebecca J. Sonkiss as our high school day keynote speaker for 2018.
- Middle School Day - March 22, 2018 | 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- High School Day - March 23, 2018 | 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Resource Fair - Both Days!
Both days are FULL! Get on our wait list. You will be notified if an opportunity to attend is available.
Note -- If you are having trouble registering, please try using Chrome browser.
Step 1: Choose the day you are attending: Middle School or High School and pay the registration fee.
- Individual participants must pay the registration fee online with a valid credit card.
- Group registrants can either pay the fee online using a valid credit card, or call 206-764-5863 to pay with Purchase Order (available 10:00am – 4:30pm). Group registrants are limited to 20 students per group. Register ONLY for the students. We will ask for chaperone information in the next step.
Step 2: After paying the fee, registrants will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link to the second part of registration. We will ask you for more information about the participant(s) and their interests here.
- All registrants must complete the second part of registration by March 8, 2018.
- Group registrants must have the names of all participating students before starting the second part of registration.
- After March 8, incomplete registration will be considered invalid.
Step 3: You are all set! We will contact you with more details about the day-of as it gets closer to the event date.
- Transportation assistance may be available. Contact email@example.com for info.
Bring Your Organization to the Resource Fair!
This year at Women Fly, we will be holding two resource fairs: one for Middle School Women Fly participants and one for High School Women Fly participants.
The resource fairs are an opportunity for hundreds of Women Fly participants to connect with out-of-school STEM learning opportunities, colleges, aviation groups, and local industries. We’d love for your organization to be represented in either or both of these fairs and to connect youth interested in STEM pathways with your programs!
Thursday, March 22 Schedule
Middle School (Grades 6, 7, 8)
8:30 AM - Check-in
9:00 AM - Welcome Address and Schedule for the Day
9:20 AM - Student Workshop #1
10:05 AM - Student Workshop #2
10:50 AM - Student Workshop #3
11:35 AM - Lunch Group A or Activity Fair
12:15 PM - Lunch Group B or Activity Fair
12:45 PM - Continuation of Activity Fair (Open to General Public)
Friday, March 23 Schedule
High School (Grades 9-12)
8:30 AM - Check-in
9:00 AM - Welcome Address
- Brief Opening Remarks
- Special Guest Presentation with Col. Rebecca J. Sonkiss (20 minutes)
- Q&A (5 Minutes)
9:45 AM - Student Workshop #1
10:45 AM - Student Workshop #2
11:40 AM - Lunch Group A or College & Career Fair
12:15 PM - Lunch Group B or College & Career Fair
12:45 PM - Continuation of Career Fair (Open to General Public)
Colonel Rebecca J. Sonkiss
Colonel Rebecca J. Sonkiss is the Commander, 62nd Airlift Wing, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. She ensures the readiness of more than 2,400 active duty military and civilian personnel, along with 48 permanently assigned C- 17 Globemaster III aircraft to support worldwide combat and humanitarian airlift and airdrop operations.
Col Sonkiss graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1994 and completed joint undergraduate pilot training at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, Texas. She has held several staff positions and commanded an operational C-17 squadron to include two deployed command tours executing combat operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Horn of Africa. Prior to this assignment, she served as the Vice Commander, 455 Air Expeditionary Wing, Bagram, Afghanistan.
Colonel Sonkiss is a command pilot with more than 4,200 hours in the T-37B, T-44, EC-130E/H, RQ- 1A/B, C-130J and C-17A aircraft.
To learn more, contact Megumi Nagata at 206-764-5863 (Mon. - Fri. 10:00AM - 4:30PM) or firstname.lastname@example.org