The Museum of Flight Grant Assistance Program is designed to help schools and non-profit youth organizations afford to participate in the Museum’s educational programs. Through the generous support of our grant sources, we are able to provide financial assistance to the organizations who need it most, upon a first-come, first-served basis.
To reserve programs before applying for grant assistance, contact 206-764-1384.
Grant Requirements & Rules
- Your school or non-profit youth organization must have a minimum of 35% of students on a federal free or reduced lunch program.
- Eligible schools/groups must apply for grant assistance at least 2 weeks prior to the date of their program.
- All recipients will receive an assessment form with their grant confirmation letter and must complete and return the assessment of the program(s) in which they participated within one week after the program(s) date, or they will forfeit their grant award.
- For Sleepover Programs, the maximum award granted is 50%.
- Grant assistance is awarded after all other discounts are applied.
- If a group cancels within a four-week period, the group is liable for a cancellation fee.
Grant Sources & Applications
The Fossett Flyers Scholarship
Provided by the Peggy and Steve Fossett Foundation and is intended to cover at least 35% of the cost of any one of the on-site Fossett or Museum Exploration programs, plus bus transportation.
The Morris Fund Grant
Provided by Jim and Jeannie Morris and is intended to cover at least 40% of program fees and transportation reimbursement, up to $500.
This grant is limited to schools in the Seattle Public School District.
Museum of Flight Youth Services / Non-Profit Grant Assistance
Available for non-profit, youth service organizations and is applicable for all Museum Exploration programs which include Dream of Flight, Flying Through Time, Great Gallery Aircraft Hunt and Strange and Amazing Tours.
Available for schools and youth organizations that do not qualify with the above funders and have at least 35% of students on a free or reduced lunch program.
The Greater Tacoma Community Foundation Scholarship
Provided by The Greater Tacoma Community Foundation and is intended to cover at least 40% of the cost of any of our on-site programs. This grant is limited to schools in the South King County and Pierce County areas.
Islands Funds Grant
Available for qualifying schools to cover at least 40% of the cost of any of our outreach programs which include any education program delivered at your location. The Islands Fund grant is only available for programs delivered in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska.