The Tranquility Base is our Destination Moon-themed Flight Zone, an area where children of all abilities can learn through play. There will be a number of space and aviation related interactives including; a mock-up of the Colombia Command Module, Mission Control station, Moon map puzzle, an Astronaut “training” station, and more. The Tranquility Base is located adjacent to the Side Gallery, and will have something for kids of all ages!
The Tranquility Base Volunteer will work in the Tranquility Base, assist visitors with interactives, keep the area clean and organized, and answer visitor questions about space and aviation related topics.
- Answer visitor questions about space and aviation related topics
- Resupply the craft table
- Keep the area clean and organized
- Ensure that visitors are using interactives as attended
- Provide welcoming, helpful, and friendly service to all visitors
Knowledge and Skills:
- Energetic, outgoing, and friendly individuals with an enthusiasm and interest in the Museum
- Must be comfortable working around children of all ages
- Ability to succeed in a crowded, noisy atmosphere
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for at least four hours at a time
- Skilled with interacting with the public, retaining a courteous manner at all times
- Speak fluent English; fluency in other languages is a plus
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and adhere to the preferred dress code
- Volunteer must be 15 years of age or older
Onsite training on the Destination Moon exhibition and Tranquility Base interactives will be provided.
The Museum is open seven days a week, 10am to 5pm, except for the first Thursday of the month when The Museum is open until 9pm. Shifts available are 10:00am to 1:30pm and 1:00pm to 5:00pm, with a special shift on Free First Thursdays from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Tranquility Base volunteers are expected to volunteer a minimum of two shifts a month for the entirety of the Destination Moon exhibition from April 13th to September 2nd.
To apply, please email email@example.com