The Graphic Design Intern works in a fast-paced, seven-person marketing department. This position supports the graphics team (consists of the Creative Services Manager and the Graphic Designer) with the production of Museum communications and digital assets for social media and the Museum’s website. Other duties may include digital asset organization, answering emails from the Marketing Inbox and general support for the department.
Reports to: Creative Services Manager
Compensation: Unpaid; college-credit
Education: High School diploma or higher
Experience: One to two years of prior experience working with social media, writing, and/or administrative duties
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Bridge)
- Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Google+, YouTube) and experience working with the same
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to be an adaptable member of a team in a dynamic environment
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Keen eye for design and photography.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Mac OS platform
- Photography experience a plus
- Experience with HTML, CMS, CSS a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Re-organize, categorize and maintain immense digital photo storage
- Assist the graphics team with production of Museum communications and graphics
- Assist Associate Manager of Marketing and Communications with creation of social media graphics
- Assist Webmaster with website calendar updates, etc
- Assist with answering emails from the Marketing Inbox
- Other duties as assigned by Creative Services Manager
This unpaid position’s regular workweek (8-10 hours per week) is flexible between Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. Length of internship is flexible; dependent on applicant’s schedule and availability.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Normal office conditions apply, including repetitive wrist and arm movement and long periods of sitting, or standing
- The ability to focus, bend, carry, reach to the side, front and overhead, push, pull, walk, stand, twist and squat are occasional requirements in a normal office setting.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.