A Gallery ambassador is a volunteer mixture position between concierge and security guard. The Museum places ambassadors at the entrance and in the Charles Simonyi Gallery. They encourage guests to learn about the museum while supervising the galleries to ensure the safety and preservation of the artifacts.
• Provide on-the-spot customer service to visitors
• Provide welcoming, helpful, and friendly service to all visitors.
• Direct visitors to admissions, store, etc., and other amenities as needed.
• Stay knowledgeable of current exhibitions and events and be able to connect visitors to information they are seeking.
• Energetic, outgoing, and friendly individuals with an enthusiasm and interest in the Museum of Flight.
• Ability to succeed in a crowded, noisy atmosphere.
• Must be able to stand and/or walk for at least three hours at a time.
• Skilled with interacting with the public, retaining a courteous manner at all times.
• Speak fluent English; fluency in other languages is a plus!
• Maintain a neat personal appearance and adhere to the preferred dress code.
Volunteers are asked to work at least two shifts per month with a one year commitment. The museum is open seven days a week. Shifts are 10:00 to 1:30 and 1:30 to 5:00.
To apply, please call Carol Thomson at 206.768.7179 or email email@example.com.