2012 Space Elevator Conference Family Science Fest
When:Saturday, August 25, 2012 -
Location:Museum of Flight
While the 3-day Technical Conference Program allows for full immersion into the issues of a Space Elevator, we realize many of you would like to learn more about the Space Elevator but are unable to commit to the entire weekend. Perhaps your kids would like to be involved as well. We're offering something for everyone again this year. Check out what's happening this year at the 2012 Space Elevator Conference Family Science Fest!
Planned activities include:
- Space Elevators 101 and 201 presentations
- A robotics challenge for middle- and high-school level robotics teams to build/program an autonomous, tether-climbing robot (Robotics Challenge rules)
- Museum of Flight "Robot Garage" where you can explore the basic engineering skills to build a successful extra-terrestrial rover"Drive a Bot" activity for kids to test their robot driving skills
- LEGO Build Zone for kids to build their own space-faring creations
- Robot Alley - see robots from local robotics teams/clubs on display
- Space Artwork - see paintings and artwork created by kids of all ages
- Additional activities are being planned!
Programs are included with Museum admission and are Free for members of the Museum of Flight.