Make your next business meeting, dinner, wedding or luncheon more exciting by inviting your guests to The Museum of Flight. Our experienced team is waiting to help make your event a success.
The Museum of Flight staff is experienced in planning private events and is eager to assist you in any way to ensure that your event is a memorable and festive occasion.
The Private Events Department is your contact at The Museum of Flight. To ensure the success of your event, we request that there be only one contact person representing your group.
Our private event spaces fill up quickly, so we recommend making your reservations as soon as possible. A completed contract must be signed and returned along with a non-refundable deposit to confirm your reservation. Full payment is due ten (10) days prior to your event. Full payment is required for events that cancel less than ten (10) days from the event date. The Museum accepts cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
- The Museum of Flight reserves the right to disallow any event for any reason including, but not limited to: a) partisan political activities, religious events, or governmental lobbying ventures, b) activities presenting a risk of damage to facilities (i.e., proms, groups over 3,500), c) any event that charges admission or is not a private invitational event, d) fundraising events, including auctions, for other museum and artifact and object collecting organizations.
- The Museum of Flight offers event space to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization at a 10% discount for fundraising events (not to be applied to meetings and other events that are organized for a purpose other than fundraising).
- Events scheduled in the Red Barn, Side Gallery, Great Gallery or Personal Courage Wing may not begin before 6:00 p.m. Evening start times in other spaces are determined by the ending time of daytime functions. All events must conclude by midnight.
- McCormick & Schmick's Catering is the exclusive caterer at The Museum of Flight. Their sales office and catering kitchen are located on site. Please contact them at 206.762.4418 to discuss catering options, menu prices, and room set-up for your event.
- Please discuss all entertainment plans with your Private Events representative. Dance-floor rental should be arranged through Catering by McCormick & Schmick's.
- Please consult the Preferred Vendor List for entertainers, lighting, décor, etc.
- All decorations must be approved by your Private Events representative.
- The Museum must be notified of any special electrical or audio/visual needs no less than two weeks in advance. Clients may choose to provide their own electrical or audio/visual equipment; The Museum of Flight's Technical Services Department and Private Events Department will coordinate its use to ensure compatibility with Museum systems.
- The Museum of Flight will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft of equipment or merchandise brought into the Museum.