Educational Grant Assistance
Please reserve programs at 206-764-1384 before applying for grant assistance. Thank you!
The Bank of America Grant is for Aviation Learning Center programs only.
The Museum of Flight is a non-profit organization dedicated to acquiring, preserving, and exhibiting historically significant air and space artifacts, which provide a foundation for scholarly research and lifetime learning programs that inspire an interest in and understanding of science, technology and the humanities.
Guidelines for the Museum of Flight grant assistance program
- To qualify for grant assistance, your school or non-profit youth organization must have a minimum of 35% of students on a federal free or reduced lunch program. Some donors are requiring a higher minimum as noted below. Grant assistance is awarded after all other discounts are applied.
- Eligible schools/groups must apply for grant assistance at least two weeks prior to the date of their program.
- Please apply early as funds are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funding is available. If a group cancels within a four week period, the group is liable for a cancellation fee.
- As a requirement of the grant assistance program, all recipients must complete an assessment of the program(s) in which they participated. This assessment will help us improve our programs while allowing teachers to give us direct feedback. The assessment form will arrive with your grant confirmation letter. Please complete and return the assessment to The Museum of Flight within one week of the education program.
- For Sleepover Programs, the maximum award granted is 50%.
This year we have funding from the following sources:
- Boeing Employees' Credit Union Transportation Scholarship is provided by the generous support of BECU and is intended to provide a reimbursement for bus transportation to The Museum of Flight for an education program (See application for applicable programs) up to $400.00.
- The Fossett Flyers scholorship is provided by the generous support of the Peggy and Steve Fossett Foundation and is intended to cover at least 35% of the cost of an on-site Flight Zone program plus bus transportation.
- Museum of Flight funding for schools and youth organizations that do not qualify with the above funders and have at least 35% of students on a free or reduced lunch program.
- Museum of Flight Youth Services / Non-Profit grant assistance is available for non-profit, youth service organizations and is applicable for all of our on-site Museum Exploration programs (Dream of Flight, Flying Through Time, Great Gallery Aircraft Hunt, and Strange and Amazing Tours). For more information on these programs, please see our Education Guide.
|MoF Tiered Grant Assistance||40.71 KB|
|Museum of Flight Youth Service / Non-Profit Grant Assistance||82.7 KB|
|Fossett Flyers||90.26 KB|
|Renton Community Foundation||139.72 KB|
|BECU Transportation Scholarship Application||75.12 KB|