Amelia’s Aero Club is an educational initiative of The Museum of Flight designed to inspire and nurture middle school girls from across Washington State in the exploration of STEA2M: Science, Technology, Engineering, Aviation, Art & Mathematics.
Through hands-on activities and social meet-ups, Amelia’s members:
- Delve into the history of women in aeronautics.
- Interact & build relationships with peers & industry leaders.
- Explore future career aspirations.
- Develop leadership skills.
- And most importantly, have fun!
Activities include book clubs, sleepovers, Meet ‘N Greets with industry professionals, field trips, engineering & robotics competitions, special events at the Museum, and so much more!
To learn more, contact Stacy Harbour-Van Hoy at 206-764-5864 or email@example.com.
- Washington State resident
- Student in 6th, 7th, or 8th grade as of September 2016
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward." -Amelia Earhart
Supplemental Application Materials: