The "Super G" was the most successful version of the Lockheed Super Constellations and one of the last great piston-engine airliners. Soon after the plane's introduction, it became clear that airlines would invest in jet aircraft.
For long range operations, the Super G could be fitted with extra wingtip tanks increasing the fuel capacity by two-thirds more than the original "Connie" models. The first flight of the G-model Constellation was on December 7, 1954 and it was introduced to commercial service by Northwest Airlines on July 1, 1955. The Super G was a popular choice among the airlines with 42 being flown by domestic carriers and 59 by foreign airlines.
This airplane was delivered to Trans-Canada Airlines in 1954. After a career flying passenger and later cargo, the aircraft was briefly converted into a cocktail lounge and lunch delicatessen in Toronto, Canada.
The Museum's Constellation is currently on view in the Airpark.