In order to improve the content of our web site, our web server automatically records the IP addresses of visitors to this site so that we may collect information on how visitors utilize The Museum of Flight online environment. We also record your e-mail address for this same purpose if you e-mail us. If you make an online purchase, we may collect your e-mail and/or your mailing address in order to contact you for marketing purposes.
Your privacy is respected—The Museum of Flight does not share or sell the mailing addresses we collect.
The standard web, gopher, and FTP information servers at this site create local log file entries containing connection-related technical data, but no personally identifiable information not provided explicitly by the user. Data entries in these logs are used only for server and network operation and maintenance and are not related to outside entities.
2013 Museum of Flight. All rights reserved.
To request permission to use Site Content for reproduction or redistribution, permission to use the Museum of Flight’s online logomark on your own website or to have your mailing address private from other publishers, submit a contact form.
The Museum of Flight created and maintains our website in order to provide scholarly information and resources to the public online. By using the site and its content, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms, which the Museum of Flight may change at any time.
Site Content Usage
All text, images, marks, logos and other content on our website, Site Content, is proprietary to the Museum or to be used only with the owner's permission or applicable law or regulation. All parties using the Site Content in any manner, represent and warrant that their use will be consistent with this license and that they will not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract with or legal duty to any other parties. The Museum of Flight authorizes you to view, download and print Site Content under the following conditions:
- You may only use Site Content for personal and noncommercial use.
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices that have been placed in or near the Site Content.
- You may not modify the Site Content.
- Any displays or printouts of the Site Content must be marked: "(c) [insert year of display or printout] The Museum of Flight Foundation. All rights reserved."
- You must adhere to any and all additional terms or restrictions provided within individual sections relating to particular Site Content.
- Except as expressly permitted above, reproduction or redistribution of any portion of Site Content is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from the Museum.
The Museum of Flight online logomark may not be copied, displayed or used in any way without prior written authorization from the Museum. From time to time, at its sole discretion, the Museum may permit another entity to use our online logomark on its own website under the following conditions:
- You have obtained permission from the Museum as described above.
- You comply with any and all conditions regarding use of the online logomark that the Museum may provide you.
- All displays and uses of the logomark must include the ® mark contained in the logomark image file provided by the Museum.
- All displays and uses of the logomark must include an ALT tag and be marked: "Used by permission, the Museum of Flight Foundation."
- You will make no alterations to the appearance of the logomark, the ® mark on the logomark or to the text of the required ALT tag.
- Any use of the logomark online outside the Museum of Flight website will be linked to the Museum of Flight home page.
- To the extent that goodwill arises from your use of the logomark, it will inure to the Museum.
- You will display or use the logomark in conformance with the permission granted by the Museum and only in connection with goods and services of the same high quality as is associated with the Museum.
Collection & Archive Image Usage
You will use the images contained in the Collections and Archives pages only in a non-profit educational context. You may not copy or use the images for any other purpose. Downloading of the images is strictly prohibited.
Third Party Link Usage
The Museum of Flight website contains links to third party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the Museum, and the Museum is not responsible for the content of any linked site. The Museum provides these links as a convenience only, and links do not imply endorsement of, sponsorship of or affiliation with the linked site by the Museum.
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The Museum of Flight makes no representation of any kind regarding the Site Content or any portion thereof. All Site Content is provided in "as is" condition and the Museum expressly disclaims any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use.
Application Law and Jurisdiction
The Museum of Flight website (excluding links to third party websites) is controlled and operated by the Museum from its offices in and around Seattle, Washington. Although the Museum has made no effort to publish the website elsewhere, it is Internet accessible in all fifty U.S. states and other countries.
As each state and country has laws which may differ from those of the State of Washington and from each other—and as you and the Museum both benefit from establishing a predictable legal environment in which to publish, access and use the Museum website—by publishing, accessing and/or using the Museum website, you agree that all matters arising from or relating to the use and operation of the website will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
You agree that all claims you may have arising from or relating to the operation or use of the Museum website will be heard and resolved in the courts of Seattle, Washington. You consent to personal jurisdiction of such courts over you, stipulate to the fairness and convenience of proceeding in such courts and covenant not to assert any objection to proceeding in such courts. If you choose to access the Museum website from locations other than Seattle, Washington, you will be responsible for compliance with all local laws of such other locations.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Museum of Flight harmless from all claims, causes, allegations, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorney fees), judgments, liabilities, losses, and damages arising from or relating to your use of or operation of the Museum of Flight website.
2005 The Museum of Flight Foundation. All rights reserved.