The Michael P. Anderson Memorial Aerospace Program (MPA) at The Museum of Flight is named in honor of Washington native and payload commander of the Space Shuttle Columbia. It leverages Michael’s legacy to inspire underserved middle school (6th-8th) youth from throughout Washington State to participate in the Museum’s exciting educational programs while being mentored by professionals in the aerospace and aviation industry.
Participants will be enrolled in an interactive online learning website and invited to participate in MPA-sponsored events, the first being a full-day event at The Museum of Flight in February.
The entire program is provided at no cost to participants.
- Student must be in 6th, 7th or 8th grade as of fall
- Internet access for online learning
- Application deadline for 2018 has lapsed. Please check back for 2019.
- Acceptance based on capacity
- Notification of acceptance will be sent shortly after
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Volunteering & Mentoring
Interested in volunteering or mentoring with the Michael P. Anderson Memorial Aerospace Program? Just fill out our volunteer form to get started.