The intern will serve as a coordinator for The Museum of Flight's annual Spirit of Flight juried photography exhibit. The intern will be the primary point of contact for all submitting photographers, and will take the exhibit from the call for entries, through the jurying and selection process, and to installation.
- Promote call for entries via photography posting boards, social media, and physical posters
- Assist entrants with submission process
- Coordinate contest jurors
- Maintain clear communications with entrants and jurors throughout the selection and exhibit process
- Coordinate delivery of selected prints to museum
- Coordinate opening reception
- Write summary piece on the exhibit for Aloft magazine
- Draft layout for the exhibit space
This is an unpaid internship that will last ideally from January to June 2018 with the exhibit opening June 16th.
Particular skills and knowledge required or preferred for internship:
- Strong written communication skills (most correspondence through email)
- Highly organized
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Comfortable learning new software and providing basic technical assistance (submissions are administered through SmarterEntry online portal.)
- Experience running social media promotional campaigns and/or juried exhibits a plus.
- Must have transport to The Museum of Flight
Name of supervisor(s): Chris Mailander and Allen Edwards
Supervisor's Title: Director of Exhibits and Exhibits Technician II
For more information, please contact Allen Edwards at (206) 764-5871 or AEdwards@museumofflight.org
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org